CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Maintaining your quality purchase will repay you by keeping its beauty for many years.
- Natural fibers are inherently absorbent and should not be placed in areas that are damp or where spills are likely to occur (kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and porches).
- Vacuum regularly. Frequent vacuuming is a carpet's best friend. This will remove the fine dirt particles that can lodge between the fibers and cause additional wear. For best results, use a suction only vacuum: no beater bar, no rotary power head.
- Remove spills immediately with a clean dry cloth.
- Professionally clean as needed. Never steam clean or wet-shampoo a natural fiber floor covering.
- Keep doormats clean. Exercise preventative maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Change or launder when these mats become soiled.
- The vacuum cleaner dust bag should be changed when half full. Filters in your heating and air conditioning systems should be changed regularly.
STEPS FOR SPOT REMOVAL
One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is removal of spots and spills. Acting quickly when anything is spilled or dropped and always having the necessary cleaning materials at hand are of the utmost importance.
- Liquid spills act as a magnet to any dirt particles that are in the carpet, causing the dirt to rise to the surface. This dirt may cause a dark stain. Immediately blot – do not rub – the spot with a clean, absorbent white cloth or paper towel. Rubbing can work the liquid deeper into the fibers, making the spill more likely to stain the carpet.
- To remove spots caused by solid substances, first remove any remaining material. Scrape it up with a spoon, always working from the outside of the spot toward the center.
- Stanton recommends spot cleaning with dry cleaning products only, Capture, Host, Wool Dri.
Pretest spot-removal in an inconspicuous area.
WALL TO WALL CLEANING
Professionally clean as needed. Never steam clean or wet-shampoo a natural fiber floor covering which can cause shrinkage, discoloration, and/or staining. Please be aware that proper maintenance on natural products calls for Dry Clean Only.